Pause


I am in a hell of a mood.

I feel like I must write but I have nothing to say. Well, I do, but nothing I can share here or that I want to preserve. It's just been a peaks and valleys kind of day and I am now feeling extremely miserable. Contrary. Like the most expletivy expletive in all of Expletivetown. And so on. And what not.

Today has been good overall. I called my Dad to give him an update about our accommodations, etc, and the next thing I knew they'd offered to come help. Later, my sister brought lunch and followed up with a visit after Dad and P arrived. We hauled a van load of stuff to the apartment and I went back later on my own for a bit. Alone was good. My feet are killing me. My sushi supper was delicious. My beloved is tired from all of the change, etc, but I am doing the heavy lifting and just cannot take one more question or interpretation. And my feet are expletive killing me.

I just want to lie in bed (my own bed) and watch Ted Lasso for the fourth (fifth?) time, or a new movie that feels like an old favourite, or some kind of magical yet imaginary Broadchurch / Shetland crossover, or After Life, and just knit and eat snacks and not talk for a long while.  

But my feet hurt and I am so expletiving tired that I can't stand anything, let alone myself.

And yet.

A little bit of moaning after the week (eight days) we've had is pretty good. I've earned it.

Onward tomorrow. I think I'll take some melatonin and something for pain and shut down for the night.



Comments

  1. Aww- I do hope you get a good sleep and some respite for the heavy lifting. Yes, it’s life but it’s a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I’ve made it to the bed and took some pain relief. Now for my book and some sleep. ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coping Strategies

Oh hello

Rebel Hair