Self Care in the Time of Corona


Facing a big week, and knowing that I need to find ways to prepare and look after myself, today I:

* Sent an email at 5:50 a.m. to get something off my mind.

* Filled my little pill organizer for the week #thisis43 and took today’s requirements before going back to bed.

* Read for awhile and then slept awhile longer.

* Took a long shower.

* Went to church, appreciated that community, enjoyed the music and talking to a few friends.

* Texted my niece.

* Visited Westminster Books and picked up a few things, including a book about Mary Pratt and Christopher Pratt.  My MIL and I saw one of Mary Pratt’s extraordinary pieces yesterday and realized I’ve been in the very room it depicts.  Her work is on my mind. I’m also excited to read Samra Habib and Joan Thomas’ books.

* Visited a small local grocery store and saw the niece I’d texted earlier. It was lovely to see her and say hi even if we didn’t get to chat because she was working and then on break.

* Bought a big roast beast and lots of veggies and things I can take with me this week.

* Started cooking the roast beast and left it and veg out for Dave and his Mom to finish cooking while I went to work for awhile.

* Made a list of things I can’t forget.

* Had a conversation I needed.

* Had dinner with Dave and his Mom.

* Washed the dishes.

* Cut the leftover meat in such a way that it will be easy to package for either sandwiches or as a side.

* Did a load of laundry.

* Took a half hour or so to catch up on some of the messages and connect with friends I missed throughout the day.

* Visited with Dave and his Mom a bit, though I was distracted.

* Asked for self care ideas I can do on the go this week.

* Talked to my Dad.

* Chatted with my sisters and sent silly things to our group chat.

* Made muffins.

* Changed the bedding. I always do this on Sunday nights and almost delayed until tomorrow but realize that I need to feel like I’ve started things off properly, even in the midst of things. So much is beyond control or management, but clean bedding I can do.

* Chatted with a friend about self care ideas.

* Decided that “Keep Being Brave” needs to be my front and centre mantra for the next little while.

* Remembered that it’s key for me to find space for myself, even when life is very crowded.

* Decided that it would be a good idea to find a way to blog about this strange time.  Seven minutes is enough.

* Took half an hour to write this post.








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coping Strategies

Oh hello

Rebel Hair